Granny Aupair is a sophisticated, multi-prizewinning and internationally known online portal and places women over 50 abroad as au pair grannies. Our initative offers many possibilities to realize your dream of living abroad. An increasing number of families are opting for a Granny Aupair as the ideal childcare. Our Grannies play, paint, bake or sing with the children. They provide love and comfort and are there for the children when their parents are busy. By the way: At time of founding at the beginning of 2010, Granny Aupair was the first agency of its kind worldwide and is thus the original. Every day several hundred interested users visit Granny Aupair.
- WeeChat: Written in C and designed to be light and stable, WeeChat integrates two fundamental elements, a relative ease of use and a high degree of customization. It supports IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy relay, screen splitting, fancy shortcuts, and top notch character encoding. However, its real strength lies in its scripting support. Indeed, anyone can code a little script, in C, Python, Perl, Ruby, or some other classy language, and propose it to the community. The result is a huge library that you can browse and use to customize your client to its core.
- ircII: the oldest IRC client still maintained today. Setting the standard for fast and stable client, ircII remains completely functional, even if the interface does reflect its time.
- BitchX: Written in C, BitchX is a good example of complete IRC client which works out of the box.
- Irssi: a bit less colorful and flashy than BitchX.
- ERC: For Emacs lover, ERC is a powerful IRC client integrated in your favorite editor
- ii: an ultra minimalist IRC client. You launch the program from the command line, giving it the server address, port number, and your nickname. From there, ii creates two FIFO files, one that spits out the discussion, and the other that you can pipe text into to send to the chat room.
- sic: Minimalist approach to IRC chatting. The official website also mentions that the program is coded with less than 250 lines, and while that is not completely true (I counted 284), it is still super impressive. However, like ii, I don’t think that anyone should use sic out of the box. It remains a curiosity, or a good way to learn more about networking in C.
- Scrollz: Also based on ircII, Scrollz brought color, an internal user list, and an overall protection improvement compared to its ancestor. Despite those enhancements, we can see it as a more modern version of ircII.
The WebGL Globe
The WebGL Globe is an open platform for geographic data visualization. We encourage you to copy the code, add your own data, and create your own.
If you do create your own globe, please share it with us. We will post our favorite links below.
Latitude / longitude data spikes
Color gradients, based on data value or type
Mouse wheel to zoom
More features are under development…
I’m Alex Rasmussen, a software engineer based in San Francisco. I work at Trifacta. Before that, I graduated from UC San Diego with a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
Visualizing Satellites and Space Debris, Orbital Objects, 2013-11-30, Hacking Google’s WebGL globe to visualize satellites.
You tell us your interests. We recommend great websites, photos and videos. Simple.
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine (a form of web search engine) that finds and recommends web content to its users. Its features allow users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos that are personalized to their tastes and interests.
Shows random web-sites.